ENGLISH / POLSKI
Turntablism- the art of using a turntable and mixer as musical instruments consists of several main elements like:
- beat juggling (juggling fragments of tunes on two turntables)
- drumming (creating beats and imitating percussion instruments)
- mixing music- complementing two tunes according to their beat and character so that the transition between them is as smooth and dynamic as possible.
We welcome all budding enthusiasts, from those who have always dreamt about mixing and playing on vinyl, to those who have already caught the DJing bug and would like to improve their current skills. Students of all ages are welcome- children from the age of 10, teens, adults and senior citizens. Our lessons are tailored to the individual level and needs of each student.
Turntable lessons at Republika Rytmu include:
- learning how to operate equipment e.g. the turntable, mixing deck, Midi controller etc.
- learning how to use the turntable with vinyls or Serato Scratch Live
- Mixing - matching parts of tunes according to tempo and making smooth transitions
- learning different turntable techniques e.g. juggling. drumming etc.
Enrolment for the course runs throughout the year. To begin with, we invite you to a trial lesson (65zl/60mins) with no obligation to continue, but which gives you the opportunity to get to know the teacher and familiarise yourself with the course programme.
All materials such as notes and course books needed for the course are provided by the school and the student doesn't incur any other costs other than the course fee.
|DJ/turntablism||individual||10 and above||4 x 60 min||260 zł/month|
Jakub Smogur (a.k.a. Mentalcut)
Maciej Leraczyk (a.k.a. MaćkoPL)